Equalization is Easy with Katabasis
Equalization according to Katabasis, an approach focused on awareness (Equalization Awareness) proposed by Carlo Boscia.
Equalization concerns all freedivers and spearfishers, so Katabasis Freediving and Sailing offers group and private courses that will enable you to learn to compensate in a way that is finally easy, effective and conscious.
Manage equalization techniques effectively and consciously, avoiding random and potentially harmful manoeuvres.
THE COURSES: three types according to need
- BASIC EQUALIZATION
- ADVANCED EQUALIZATION
TOPICS common to all courses
- Physical laws inherent to compensation.
- Physiology and organs involved in compensation.
- Air translation technique
- Control of the organs involved in dry compensation
- Compensation techniques: Valsalva, Frenzel, Mouth feel.
BASIC COURSE € 200 – Programme for beginner freedivers
2 sessions of 3 hours (sea + theory)
ADVANCED COURSE € 300 – Experienced freedivers programme
3 sessions of 3 hours (sea + theory)
All courses require a KATABASIS membership card valid for the current year (€ 20) and a Katabasis Certificate of Participation is issued at the end of the course
Where, how and when
- At our headquarters in Baratti in Tuscany (Italy) by consulting the events calendar
- During Freediving and Sailing cruises
- By sending us a request for a group of at least 4 people
- By requesting a program of private lessons